PROJECT DESCRIPTION: „Modernisation of the mill production unit of Čakovečki mlinovi“ within the 4.2.1. Operation “Increasing the added value of agricultural products“, subordinated measure 4.2. »Subvention for investing into processing, marketing and/or developing agricultural products“
The „Modernisation of the mill production unit of Čakovečki mlinovi“ is a project conducted under Operation 4.2.1.“Increasing the added value of agricultural products“, subordinated measure 4.2. »Subvention for investing into processing, marketing and/or developing agricultural products“ of the Rural Development Programme of the Republic of Croatia for the period 2014 – 2020. The objective of this project is the modernisation (reconstruction and procurement of mill equipment) of the mill production unit of Čakovečkih mlinovi in Čakovec and the procurement of electric forklifts for the transport of raw materials and ready-made products on the site.
The following goals have been set upon entering this project for the tender:
1. An increase of 45% in the processing capacity
2. Enhancement of the technological process
• Enhancing the grinder diagram and expanding the product range
1. Installation of machines and the introduction of new techniques which enable the conducting of the manufacturing process adhering to highest hygiene standards and maintaining product viability with respect to a healthy human diet and livestock feeding
2. Installation of additional equipment into the production line in order to create conditions for processing rye alongside wheat.
The following results will be achieved by implementing the project:
1. A more rationalised usage of raw materials
2. Manufacture of larger quantities of products of a more thicker granule
• Development of new products according to consumer specifications (optimisation of gluten content)
1. New measures and solutions in order to safeguard the health safety of products
2. Increasing the working safety of the production site
3. Enhancing working conditions.
Total value of the projects amounts to HRK 63.110.777,30, of which HRK 58.792.601,30 is is the total amount of eligible investment.
On October 1 2015, the Paying Agency for Agriculture, Fisheries and Rural Development issued a Decision on allocating funds for the company Čakovečki mlinovi d.d. based on which a subvention in the amount of HRK 22.934.400,00 HRK was granted.
The means for financing are secured from the EU and Croatian national budget, the share of the EU contribution amounting to 85% (HRK19.494.240,00), while the Republic of Croatia contributes with a share of 15% (HRK 3.440.160,00 HRK).